frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

housing

After waiting over 5 years have been offerd a upstairs flat. no lift and my wheelchair cant get up stairs. idiots

Comments

• I have just applied for my own place and want 2 bedrooms so that my mum can come and stay if I am not too good but will I have to pay bedroom tax?

• My mother rents privately now. There were no council properties with a big enough bathroom for my sister, her support and my mother. Although she is only 17 she weighs 16 stone. I can remember the problems and stress mum went through with the housing department of our council when she was offered inappropriate houses so many times.

• Hi Summer, unfortunately Bedroom Tax will come into play if you are in receipt of housing benefit.

Check out https://www.bromford.co.uk/customer-area/my-money/changes-to-benefits/bedroom-tax/

For many disabled people bedroom tax has created serious issues. Socially irresponsible taxing of this nature is, in my opinion, totally wrong.

• Bedroom Tax is criminal. It is not by choice that my disability prevents me from being able to earn so that we not dependant on benefits. We need a spare room when my son comes home to visit.

• My brothers spare hoist and his medication is kept in a small upstairs room which we pay bedroom tax for. I look after my brother so cannot work and we are treated like shit by the ignorant racist bastards in the job centre when I try to tell them that we just cant cope. Bedroom tax is criminal man.